Friday, April 3, 2009

A season of fullness.

We're EXTREMELY busy right now. I kind of broke down at the beginning of this last week because I just did not want to think about or do ANYTHING ELSE. But, the reality is, we are in a season that is busy and time consuming and overwhelming. And I have a choice as to how I'm going to handle it.

When I started praying for strength, I realized that most of the so-called overwhelming things in my life are just so, to put it quite simply, good.

Oh Lord, help me to see the blessings you've given.
Help me to just relish this special time.
Help me to bask in the joy all around me.

So I am trying to be better, and I am overwhelmed, not with the busyness, but the fullness of my life during this season.

These are just a few of the things I was blessed with doing this last week-
-Enjoying the beautiful Oregon coast with close friends
-Seeing my Aspen play with her cousins whom she adores and who adore her
-Laughing so hard with my sister in law that my stomach hurt
-Shopping (need I say more?)
-Making my 6 month old nephew smile and laugh
-Sighing relief due to an answer to prayer regarding a family member
-Hearing that Grandma, at age 91, came through her atrial valve replacement surgery with flying colors.
-Appreciating a dear friend who offered her shoulder to cry on and continued encouragement
-Helping plan the wedding of my youngest sis who is one of my bestest friends

I could go on and on...


Thank you Lord for
A season of Fullness.

3 comments:

runninggal said...

Did you get the clothes?

Amanda said...

I'm glad you're finding peace in this season of chaos. We have to find it don't we? It doesn't present itself. :) I hope your weekend is great and hope to see you soon!

Kristin said...

We had so much fun with you at the beach. I just love looking back at the pictures. I know that this last week was sooo busy, but girl your perspective on the blessings of it is right on. I am encouraged to view my weeks like that too. We too are in a busy season. Got back last night at 12:30 am from a wedding in Portland. It was a beautiful time but exhausting. The bride was a flower girl in my wedding. Then we go back next week to Salem for Easter, and then the next week for a Math competition in Corvalis- Jeff is competing, and then to your sisters wedding. Wow! I wonder how much gas money that is?

I have been praying for you this week my friend. Have been in lots of pain and think of you regularly. I hope you are doing well. - Kristin