Monday, April 20, 2009

Chop! Chop!

I did it. I had to do something. I take a medication for pain that seems to be working a bit better than my last pain medication. It has also completely eliminated the restless legs problems I was having every night!

However, this medication makes me sweat terribly. I have tried other pain meds to no avail. I have to take this specific medication right now.

In order to attempt to combat the sweating (or 'glistening' as my sis puts it), I decided to cut my hair off! It's shorter than it has EVER been. I don't know if I would have cut my hair this short had it not been out of necessity. But, this season of my life has forced me to face reality and do what makes sense. This short hair cut makes sense for me right now, and I AM already more comfortable and not, um, "glistening" quite as much.

What do you think?

(Oh and I got color too)







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Karyn! I am NOT just saying this... but it is SO CUTE! I think it is your best ever. I am so glad you trusted your gut and did it. I am especially releived to hear you are already experiencing some relief from your symptoms. You are such a beautiful woman as it is but this haircut enhances all the right features even more. You are going to be the most beautiful bridesmaid up there! - love you

Jenn B said...

SO CUTE!!!!!! PERFECT! LOVE IT! AWESOME!!!!!

I'm glad you liked the "glistening" word. :)

Love you - see you tomorrow!!!!

runninggal said...

I agree with anonymous! It's probably the best cut you've ever had! You always look great, but this is an awesome look for you!

hAVE Fun at your sister's wedding next weekend knowing you look like a Hot Mama!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Karen! This might be my favorite look on you! It is sooo flattering! Makes me feel grumpy that I'm growing my hair out. :)

Kristin said...

Karyn, I absolutely love it. You look terrific, so sassy!!! And, you are so beautiful.

Amanda said...

Very, very cute!

Kristin said...

Karyn, I am praying for you and your fam this week. We will see you Saturday for the wedding. Michael and I are looking forward to it! Will there be dancing? If so, I will kick off my heels and dance the night away, whether Michael joins me or not! We really missed you at practice yesterday. Love ya- Kristin

Cathy said...

VERY cute!
VERY sassy!
VERY flattering!
VERY chic!
VERY beautiful!

...as always... but especially with that new cut!
I love it!

Yule {b}Log said...

I LOVE LOVE it! (and the woman wearing it, too!)