Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Summer blessings

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik


The doorbell rang yesterday. I do not answer the door when Kelly isn't home. I peeked out the window and saw the flower delivery van. Hmmmm.... I figured it was a late delivery for Kelly's birthday (why someone would send a man flowers, I don't know). I opened the door and was handed a beautiful arrangement complete with my favorite colored purple ribbon and pot. The card had my name on it! I tore open the card and was immediately moved to tears. My very dear bff sent me flowers, because she knows our life has been a bit more trying lately and she wanted me to know she is thinking of me and there for me. What a blessing. A totally unexpected, but heart warming, blessing.





Thank you Summer, from the bottom of my heart---for the flowers, for the encouragement, for the extra grace, for your kind heart, for your friendship, for everything you've done for me.



LOL

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm sooo glad you were blessed in that way! What a sweet, caring, and thoughtful friend she is:)

Amanda said...

What a sweet friend! You are blessed to have a friend like this! Happy flower day.

Anonymous said...

It is easy to be a friend to a friend like you. The blessing is mine. Thank you for your words... they touched my heart. LOL