Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tickled pink...A shower to remember...Moriah and Summer

I have been looking forward to attending Summer's baby shower for years. It was even more of a privilege to be able to throw her a shower along with friends Cathy and Mya.

The theme was all things feminine with a rich appreciation for pink, just like Summer, just like a sweet new baby girl.

Our hope was that Summer would feel celebrated and reaffirmed that we are all so very excited and so very supportive about this new role in her life: motherhood. Summer looked incredibly beautiful and has that new "Mommy glow," and of course her daughter could not be ANY cuter or sweeter!

Encourgement abounded, tears flowed, and laughter roared throughout this very special shower.

We love you Summer and we love you little Miss Moriah! Mwah!






























"Not flesh of my flesh,
nor bone of my bone
but still miraculously my own
Never forget -not for a minute-
you weren't born under my heart
but in it."









This girl is just too cool for words. :)

2 comments:

Jenn B said...

Aw - so cute! Was one of the cutest I've ever been to! (did you really post that at 2:44 AM? CRAZY LADY!)

Summer Wood said...

I am the luckiest, most loved new mommy and friend in the world. It truly was the greatest shower I've ever been to and I felt so blessed. Thank you for being the best friend I could ask for! You guys spoke all of my love languages to a "t". Something I will remember forever. Thank you for helping to welcome Moriah into our lives... such a gift from God.
PS. Her poem you gave us is front and center in her room... I couldn't think of something more appropriate or true!