Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our Fourth of July 2009

We had a packed day this year. We started out at the Pet Parade in Bend. This has become an annual thing for us, and this year was our third time attending. Aspen really loves it. We went with my mom and dad this time and met my sister Jenn and her hubby Ben there. It was nearly 100 degrees so we didn't make it this year to Drake park after the parade to enjoy the music and vendors. Oh well.

After the parade we headed home for a rest. In the evening, we headed to our good friend's house for dinner and play time. We rounded out the night by going out to the Redmond fairgrounds with our friends and enjoying the fireworks show there. It was a lot of fun and I can't believe we have lived here for 6 years and never knew this went on!! The atmosphere was great, people were doing there own fireworks all around, music was playing and people were tailgating and enjoying themselves. It had finally cooled off, so the evening was just perfect. The fireworks show was impressive, without being too short or too long. It's definitely something we would love to do again.




Little Miss Independent


My favorites


Flying Dog


Frying in the 100 degree heat


Experiencing the parade with Grandpa


I love her cute back and shoulders


Aunt Jennie, Uncle Benny and Aspen



Posing


Flag lined streets in Redmond, one of the flags is dedicated to my Grandfather.


Mid-day nap at home on the dog


Eli's shows off his skills under the close watch of Juneau


At the fairgrounds waiting for fireworks


Look at that one!


Shootin the breeze


I love this girl. She's such a great friend


Ooooh. Ahhhh. Pretty fireworks


Cutie patoot Nate


Um, there's a little something in your hair


God bless America


It's really past everyone's bedtime




Just for fun...here's Aspen and Kelly last July 4th.

3 comments:

Jenn B said...

LOVE ALL THOSE! Especially that she takes a nap on Lola. She's so cute!!!! And you're right, that is a good pic of Ben and I and Aspen. :) :) :)

Kristin said...

I loved all the pics. Aspen is so photogenic. Every picture of her is fantastic, just like her mommy!! The kids were so mad at us for driving home late on the 4th. They didn't get to enjoy fireworks. I am glad you had a fun day!

Come visit me anytime on my porch! I will even give you a cool drink of lemonade!!

Jamie said...

These pictures are hilarious. I love the one where she's sleeping on Lola. And the kid in the cage. Nice. Looks like you won't be babysitting next 4th of July for that family. I'm sure someone has to call CPS.