Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Worship him
.
Psalm 100:4 The Message



One of my New Year's goals is to be more mindful of how thankful I need to be for many things in my life. Soooo, I'm going to do Thankful Thursday, and list something I am grateful for every Thursday.
I thought this was such an original idea on my part, but upon further blog searching, I am not the first person to have this grand inspiration. Oh well.

Anyhooooooooo,

Today I'm thankful for LAUGHTER!

A fellow giggly friend has told me that I laugh a lot. I've never been told that before, but maybe I do laugh a lot. I do like to laugh. Sometimes all I can do is laugh. There's that song from Mary Poppins, "I love to laugh, ha ha ha ha, long and loud and clear!" And now I'm laughing because I have written the word "laugh" entirely too much for one paragraph!

Kelly's family tends to laugh when they are stressed about something. Not in an inappropriate way, but a way that says, "hey, worrying about this won't help a bit, so let's laugh instead." I have come to really appreciate that attitude and perspective.

You cannot be married to Kelly and not laugh. A lot.

You cannot have a 2 1/2 year old who says the funniest things in the world and not laugh. Like tonight, to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star," she sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Horsey Turtle."

I am so thankful that God created laughter and gave us a sense of humor. It's such an excellent way to release tension and bring down the stress level. Laughter is the BEST medicine after all.

I feel like I should tell a joke or something to make you laugh.

Alright...hmmm...

What do you call stolen cheese?













Nacho cheese.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Horsey Turtle...hee! Now I'm laughing! I'll join you for Thankful Thursday.

Anonymous said...

This is so true of you Karyn. I love that I always laugh when I am with you. I laugh when I read your blog because I can hear you laughing as you wrote it. You "cheesy" joke... that was the first joke you ever told me... awe the memories. I am thankful for your laughter too. (signed: Summer... because sorry, I still refuse to have a blog :)

Vicki said...

It is one of my personal goals to laugh more... to bring more laughter to my home. I'm afraid I'm seriously lacking. In fact, I often think of the laughter in the Braaten's home and want to bring laughter into my children's life like I have always experienced with their family! And that joke is just perfect for Joe... right up his ally. I'll tell him tonight :)