Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Aspenisms...

By popular demand...

"Mommy, I can't keep my eyes away."

Translation: Mommy I can't keep my hair out of my eyes.

*****

"Mommy, I want an awful."

Translation: Mommy, I want a waffle

*****
"Mommy, I want hungry"

Translation: Mommy I AM hungry.

*****

"Mommy, where's my sssslower?"

Translation: Mommy, where's my flower?

*****
Random information told to mommy by Aspen-

"Mommy, I want a rainbow."

"Mommy, Lola has a tail."

*****

While leaving the house yesterday Aspen asks, "you put on your coat Mommy?" I say, "yes I'm getting my coat right now. Then she says in a concerned voice "Mommy! Do you have your boo boos?" (her word for boobs)
I assure her, "yes, I have my boo boos." She looks down at her chest and says, "I have my boo boos too."
Daddy feels the need to intercept the conversation and says "No, Aspen you do NOT have boo boos."

*****

The other night after worship practice I was feeling particularly achy after a full day. When we arrived at home, I had some trouble getting out the car in a timely manner to which my sweet husbands shouts, "come on you old lady!" Well, of course Aspen is standing on the porch and turns to me as well and yells "COME OLD LADY!"
Fabulous.

Ok, ok it did make me laugh.

*****
Aspen is naming everyone in her family, and I am helping her. I say "there's Grammie and Grandpa and Grandma Vicki and Grandpa" Aspen thinks for a minute and says, "Grammie, Grandma Vicki, and Grandma Dinosaur RAAAAAAOOOOORRRR!"

*****

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE that photo!

Jenn B said...

she's so funny!!!! i wonder who grandma dinosaur is.....???