Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Me.

So, I had a check up at the Dr. on Monday. I am starting a new pain med. and I think that will help my physical quality of life a lot. At least I hope it will. It already seems to be working WAY better than the previous one.

My Dr. suspects I may have sleep apnea... What?! Based on some symptoms I've been having, and the Dr. speaking with Kelly who has confirmed that I appear to stop breathing at times during the night, she decided to send me for a sleep study. I'm not really looking forward to it, but if it provides some answers and helps me sleep better, and in turn have better mornings and days, then I'll do it.

I hate missing out on things because of not feeling well, and I hate having to cancel. So, for those of you who have had extreme patience when I've had to call off plans at the last minute, thank you from the bottom of my heart. One of my deepest fears is that no one will give me a chance anymore. Would I even give me a chance if the situation was reversed? It's a lonely place sometimes.

I don't talk about my health a whole lot, and I never have on this blog before. I don't want to complain, I don't want to be negative, and I don't want to have an unGodly outlook at the portion God has allowed. Although it's a HUGE part of my life, I still don't want my identity to be "that woman with chronic illness." I have learned to live in spite of the pain for the most part. If I was crabby every time I was hurting, well, I'd be crabby most of the time! That's not the person I want to be, that's not the person God made me to be. I know it's hard to understand what's going on with my health...I don't even understand it myself half the time. There are people who don't believe me, and there are those that believe they have a miracle quick fix. I hate disappointing other people...hearing frustration in their voice...seeing annoyance on their faces.

I know this was a random post, but I just needed to talk it out...er, write it out.

*****************************************************************

Pain.

External, internal, gut wrenching, soul bearing, heart throbbing, aching, longing, lonely, misunderstood, betrayed, ignored, shamed, self-loathing, confidience bursting, character questioning, embarrassing, overwhelming, crippling, judging, hurtful, sad, hopeless, empty, relentless, cruel, misunderstood, guilty, back-stabbing.

A savior.

Tear wiping, soul cleansing, heart mending, filling, understanding, loving, gracious, involved, friend, sin erasing, uplifting, embracing, freeing, leading, rest, comforting, safe, hope, peace, faithful, kind, true, just, solid, sweet, accepting, generous, available, ever-lasting.

Healing.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Karyn- I love you so much! Your realness is beautiful and you my friend are so beautiful on the inside and out! I am amazed all the time at how you handle life. I know it can be unbearably hard, but I see strength in you that I know God has given to you. You are a testimony of someone who is letting God work. I pray for healing for you and that you will be whole but I also know that lives are and will be changed because of your story. Thanks for sharing from your heart.

Cathy said...

Lord~
Thank you for Karyn. Thank you that she is the daughter of YOU, the most high God! We thank you for the opportunities you give her to minister to others THROUGH her health struggles. I pray that these new discoveries and medicines would start to allow her the freedoms that so many of us take for granted. I pray for continued peace, joy, contentment, and that you would continue to send people her way that can be understanding and supportive and that would love her unconditionally. Thank you for all you are doing and will do in her life through this thorn in her flesh.
~Amen

runninggal said...

Karyn - we will never give up on you. Cancel as you need, but we'll just keep asking and be so blessed when you feel good enough to come.

You are much loved!!

Julie

Brandi said...

I am sorry you have to deal with pain. My sister has dealt with chronic pain for a long time too and it keeps her from being able to participate in alot of things also. So, I know where you are coming from. Those who love you will continue to ask and will understand.

Yule {b}Log said...

I won't stop asking you over! you can caount on me.